Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Very First 'What a Guy!' Award

Still more from Stateside
I should tell you about the very first ‘What a Guy!’ I saw in Portland.  It inspired this award.    We were all in traffic.  It was a one of those mid-afternoons where everyone needs to get somewhere in a hurry.    A car had stalled right in front of the light.     Expecting the ear-pounding honking that would ensue, I was surprised when a head poked out of the truck right in front of us.  Seeing what was holding us all up, he immediately left his vehicle, pushed the stalled trailer to the side of the road, jumped back into his truck and resumed his course all before the light turned red again.  
  I was so impressed with the helpful attitude of this Good Samaritan, I am going to find his website and drop a recommendation.   The name on the side of his truck was 'Rose City Cleaning?' (for carpets and upholstery).    If his work-ethic is as good as his good-deed turn around, I would say you’ve hired a gem.   Here’s to you, Good Carpet guy at the 205 Division Street Freeway onramp!  

No comments:

Post a Comment