Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I Found My Passport!

Two weeks after I realized that I was going to Israel, I also realized that I had lost my passport!  I looked everywhere--throughout my house, throughout my 'other' house, in storage, in all bags, purses and backpack pockets... It was no where to be found.   

I went through the agony of looking into the re-application process, the worry of it being stolen and the time frame this would cost me.    The Passport office in Seattle was a great help.     (Applying for another passport takes about 3 weeks rushed --my price range, if you don't already have a plane ticket for a destination.)

The Good News~ One day, as I was looking for an old copy of my passport--I still had those--a strange blue flash peeked out at me from under my document odds and ends in a file.  

I dared to hope.   There, buried under poetry and library cards was the most beautiful sight.   Biloxi Blue stamped with a golden eagle.    I stared spellbound at its cover and luxuriated at its weight in my hand.   My trusty passport had showed itself just in time--leaving me to apply post haste to the kibbutz of my choice, Yad Hashmona.
I feel like one of those Bedouin shepherds that found the Dead Sea Scrolls   It was at a strategic moment in history for the young nation of Israel and a mini-strategic moment for me.   

I have been leaving my passport in plain sight at home so it will never get lost in a shuffle of papers again.    I have it is in cyberspace now as well.    

Passport Info:

No comments:

Post a Comment